Monday, December 11, 2017

Quesa-don't-a

     Let's talk about quesadillas. They are, tasty, cheesy, portable, and delicious. But there is one downside to quesadillas that nobody is talking about: making them! I have found that no matter how much I enjoy a good chicken quesadilla, it is rarely worth the time and effort it takes to make one.


     First things first, shopping for the ingredients is a pain in the behind. How does one acquire pico de gallo? As far as I know, only Mexican restaurants and fast food chains such as QDoba have it in stock. Can I buy some directly from them? Pico is so confusing.


     Let's not forget about the worst part of all, the meat. If you know anything about me, you know that my relationship with raw meat is about on par with my relationship with my dad (a work in progress.) Since cooking raw meat is out of the equation, I have to find some precooked chicken. Wait, is that a real thing???


     If you haven't given up by now and decided to just throw a Totino's Pizza in the oven, you are braver than most. If you have managed to acquire all the necessary ingredients, congrats, it only gets worse from here. If distributing the chicken, cheese, and pico evenly throughout the tortilla wasn't already hard enough, you now have to put the uncooked quesadilla in a pan on the stove and let it cook. Flipping it over halfway through the cooking process takes away precious time I get to spend with my Bubba.


     If you managed to make it through that daunting laundry list of steps, congratulations! You now have a quesadilla of your very own! My only question, was it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment